The basis of the Spiral Scan Align Algorithm is counter-clockwise spiral movement of the laser. The idea is to scan outward from a starting position, while keeping track of local maxima on each unit.
In the next iteration of the algorithm, the center of the spiral is set to the position of the previously found maxima. This step is repeated until the signal strength is satisfactory or convergence is reached.
- 1.Move Primary Unit to position (0,0)
- 2.Move Secondary Unit to position (0,0)
- 3.Move Primary Unit to Primary Maximum in case it was found during movement
- 4.Move Secondary Unit to Secondary Maximum in case it was found during movement
- 5.Set loop_counter = 0
Spiral Scan Align initialization step flow diagram
While desired signal strength is not reached, do:
- 1.Set step size based on current maximum signal strength.
- 2.Move Primary Unit in spiral centered at Primary Unit Maximum.
- 3.Move Secondary Unit in spiral centered at Secondary Unit Maximum.
- 4.Decrease step size by 75% and repeat N times.
- 5.Increase loop_count += 1.
- 6.Repeat while desired signal strength is not reached.
Spiral Scan Align main loop flow diagram